Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay


Good morning friends! When I first got into gaming it was with D&D. And one of the best parts was the World of Greyhawk. It was this big huge sprawling world of kingdoms that was just so cool. Eventually is inspired me to create my own world, The World of Crom! I have written novels based in that world.
Anyway, when I finally got into Warhammer this year, and Warhammer 40k, one of the things that drew me in was the massive and detailed worlds and atmosphere they have created as background for these worlds. It's just amazing to be honest. So much depth and story and history. It's just awesome!
So it seems to me to be a very natural idea to make those worlds into Role Playing Worlds. And that HAS been done. The Dark Heresy game is just so darn cool, and is set in the universe of Warhammer 40,000. And now comes Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, which is set in the equally rich and deep Warhammer Fantasy world.

Fantasy Flight Games, who is producing the newest version, has created a cool promotion. The promotion sent us a demo copy of the new game and has us setting up a game day. The demo came yesterday and everyone crowded around the box and was just thrilled about it. The first impression you get is this: It is BIG. I mean it comes in a BIG BOX. It's not like most RPGs, in that they start with a Core Rulebook. But it's a BIG BOX. Not like the old blue and red D&D boxes, small and flat, this is BIG AND THICK.

At this point you are saying, Jason, why the hell don't you just show me a picture? OKAY!




Those are pretty big, aren't they?
The production values on the game are great! But... how is the game, and is selling it in a big box really the way to go? Well... we will see, won't we? I'll be reading the game and the module, and we'll be conducting game day here and I'll keep you informed. It sure LOOKS good, though I'm still worried about that BIG BOX! :)
BTW, put Alara Reborn, Conflux, and Shards back up for sale on the website. Also lowered Magic 2010 and Zendikar prices. We don't have much, but what we do have we can sell for a bit better price as a way of saying thank you to all of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment