Monday, October 5, 2009

Good October Gamers

How are you all doing out there? Getting ready for Halloween? Yes... I have my costume already, and yes... I'll give you a picture, but only after Halloween. The costume is still a surprise! :) Know any good games for Halloween? Zombie like games?

Right now we did NOT sell Zendikar. The new Wizards of the Coast Magic the Gathering product. Steve at Wizards not only wouldn't sell it to us, but he doesn't even have the courtesy of responding to emails. It's weird. I've never seen anything like it. He treats some of his biggest customers like criminals, without presenting any true evidence of wrongdoing.

But what are you going to do? Have a good attitude is the only thing you can do. Tell customer after customer who came through our doors Friday and Saturday... sorry... Wizards won't sell to us. You figure there has to be kharma in the world. What comes around goes around, and that really DOES work. So I'm not really too worried. Wizards of the Coast is causing themselves a lot of problems by hurting small stores that bust there butts to promote and sell their games on a ground level.

Did you know I just asked him if we could get a FEW boxes, just a couple, so I could at least run a few drafts? That's how much he thinks of YOU GUYS. He didn't even respond. Nothing. Just... nothing. He doesn't care that customers here in Heber can't even run a draft.

That will come around to him. Personally. He's building himself a lot of negative kharma.

Anyway, we played Warhammer all weekend instead. And most of my customers, amazingly enough, a spending money on Warhammer instead of Magic. It's kind of similar, a game you put a lot of effort and love into, collect, build, and then play. And an army full of well painted minis is way cooler than a stack of cards.

:)

Well, good luck to you all finding Zendikar, or if you are tired of Wizard's treatment of us and other small companies, then find a new game. Warhammer is just one of them. But until Wizards of the Coast feels the pinch, and people like Steve learn that hurting the people who are the foundation of your job and company is a bad thing, they will just keep doing what they are doing.

It makes me sad. My kids and I play Magic together. It's a family game. A family company. And this guy Steve has put us out. It's weird. I don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment