Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Tyranids

Friday I told you the new Tyranids came out for the Warhammer 40k game. If you aren't familiar with the game, think Aliens, from the movie. That's the Tyranids. So a host of new plastic models came out, that you can glue together then paint then use in the game. This weekend I built a Tyrgon, and then I built a Mawloc. This new set is one of the flat out coolest I've ever seen in the game. Period. It stands very tall, and is just freaking AWESOME. I then built a set of Gargoyles. The new set are plastic. Again, if you aren't familiar with Warhammer, the older models/miniatures were metal and had to be glued together with superglue and they never really stuck together. In fact, I HATE metal models, as they are so hard to glue together. So my metal set of Gargoyles was so hard to put together. Gargoyles have these wings, and it just sucked keeping them on. I still have them, though Caleb had to help me, and base coated them white and then washed them red, but never went beyond that point. So the new set is plastic and let me tell you a few things about it that are just cool. One, they are easy to build. Plastic is just awesome. Two, the models look just AWESOME. I can't say enough about them. Why use anything except for Gargoyles? I am going to build 100 of them. I think they are that cool. But I started with 10. Finally, the value is just awesome. 10 cool gargoyles for $29.00. It's just a steal of a deal.

Contrast that to the Ravener set.... The Raveners are $44.50. You get three models. They are cool models, no doubt... but $44.50? The Trygon which is this monstrosity of a figure, is $49.50. Why are the Ravener Broods so over priced? Ridiculously over priced. I have built three of them, and I'm going to end up building 9 total for my army, but... whew... they are way over priced.

So... you are asking yourself... where are the pictures of these models? Yes... I have taken the pictures... I just haven't uploaded them yet. That will hopefully happen today. Good gaming my friends!

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment